Thursday, June 4, 2015

Current Arctic Temperatures

I posted about a gadget for displaying NCEP/NCAR based average temperatures for user-selected Arctic regions. I have now embedded it in the maintained data page, so it will update whenever the other NCEP data does - usually daily. Operating guidance is at the original post.

Commenter Nightvid asked about including past years, and I'll do that sometime. It would overload the page to include the data by default, so I need a user-initiated download scheme.

I'm thinking of a similar gadget for whole Earth. The current one is for absolute temperatures, which is OK for special regions like Arctic. And it would be OK for, say, the NINO regions, but less good for continents, say. The alternative is anomalies, which don't show the seasonal effect. It's a dilemma.


0 comments:

Post a Comment